First Half Notes:
Great first half. Nice way to take back the momentum. This feels much better. (photo source)
- At least at home watching, the "green out" isn't all that impressive. The dark green colors just kind of fade into the background. Maybe its just me. Hopefully it is a better effect live.
- Perk's mask didn't last long did it?
- KG started off hot, looking for his shot and knocking down open jumpers.
- Gotta hand it to the shot blockers on the Hawks that made life miserable for most Celtcs in the paint.
- Rondo, on the other hand, took it right at them, like you have to.
- It was great getting Joe Johnson into foul trouble early.
- The streaky Cassell was hot in the 2nd quarter. It's all good if the shots are falling.
- Dear, Doc. THAT is why you need to play Powe. 5 offensive rebounds, 7 points, and 2 big drawn offensive fouls (or as I like to call them, strategic flops).
- On the downside Ray Allen looked surprisingly sloppy in the first half with some missed open looks and at least one bad turnover. Redeemed himself with a late 3 though. No worries here.
- Thankfully Bibby has slipped back into his invisibility cloak.
- Doc put in Tony. And then Tony proceeded to airball a three and commit a dumb foul on a Joe Johnson three pointer. Doc couldn't have justified himself any better if he planned it that way.
- Pierce looks good with a very efficient 13 points on 6-11 shooting.
- Nice momentum going into the half.
Second Half Notes:
- Atlanta made a spirited run to start the second half. We don't need them getting that kind of confidence again.
- Thankfully the Celtics locked down the defense and put a stop to that.
- Ray Allen, no surprise, got hot from outside.
- Paul Pierce's three point play really energized the team and the crowd.
- Two big three pointers by Posey pushed the lead right back up.
- Then it was all about execution. The Hawks just couldn't answer.
- Nice to get a blowout win.
- Let's put an end to this in Atlanta.