Last year Ray Allen started wearing a sleeve in part to keep Rip Hamilton's nails from tearing up his arm. He caught on fire and helped us win Banner 17. Now Rondo has started wearing a sleeve on his right arm. The result so far:
22 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals and one picture perfect looking 3 pointer. Did I mention that those stats are from HALFTIME?!
Respect the sleeve.
I propose that we fit everyone on the team with one. I think I'm going to start wearing one blogging. Who's with me?
By the way, Happy Birthday Rajon!
Other game notes:
- Paul was cold in the first half, but I think we all knew he'd heat up in the 2nd half.
- Ray Allen quietly kept drilling shots and raking up points.
- The Replacements (Scal, Powe, Baby) played pretty well.
- Even as an opponent, it is nice to see the 7 Seconds or Less back in the NBA. I missed that style (even if it ultimately won't ever bring them a title).
- I liked Doc's pregame message about letting them play their own style and not getting caught up in it. That said, our style is to take advantage of what the other team gives us. They didn't play defense and they let us get some transition buckets of our own, so we did.
- Whats more impressive? Scoring 128 (most this year) or holding the Suns to 108? I say the latter.
Rondo's final numbers: 32 points, 10 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 steals