It has been a while since I did a Starting Five and there are a number of little things I want to go over and update so it seems like a good time to bring it back.
- Multiple sources indicate that Mikki Moore will be a Celtic by the end of the day. "Moore is on the West Coast and could fly to Los Angeles today to get his physical. While a number if logistical issues have to be worked out, he could be with the team tomorrow night against the Clippers." - Herald
- Joe Smith is not walking through that door: "If they get Moore, the Celtics will turn the porch light off for Joe Smith. They were hoping Oklahoma City would buy Smith out and make him available, but there were no assurances along those lines. And there was no guarantee, either, that if Smith were free he would choose the Celts." - Herald
- I was in favor of bringing in the Birdman this offseason. The Celtics went with Patrick O'Bryant instead. "While O'Bryant played sparingly before being dealt to Toronto, Andersen, who signed with Denver, entered last night's game averaging 6.2 points on 58.3 percent shooting from the field, with 5.3 rebounds and 2.1 blocks (fourth in NBA). "I was probably out of shape in the [Celtics] workout," Andersen said - Globe
- Sounds like some initial positive news from Scal: ""I strained or sprained my neck," Scalabrine said. "They held me out more for precautionary reasons. As of right now, you just take it day by day. Based on my [concussion] history is why they held me out. But I don't feel the same way. I don't have a headache. I'm not sensitive to light." - Globe
- Nice to see JR Giddens get some run: "Rookie guard J.R. Giddens scored the first points of his career and finished with 4 points on 2-of-3 shooting in 4 minutes and 33 seconds. "My legs were a little shaky, I was kind of nervous," said Giddens. "I didn't know if I could shoot or not. It felt good to get one." - Globe