The comeback attempt was just not enough. We don't have enough healthy players. And the defense was just not good enough. Wade adds to his MVP bid. Too bad because it wastes a huge game by Ray Allen and a career night for Leon Powe.
Update: Some belated thoughts on last night's game.
- Boy do we miss Rondo. Oh yeah, and that KG guy too. But moreso Rondo.
- 0-6 for Marbury. Obviously still rusty. I have a feeling many people are rooting for him to fail so his "leash" will be shorter than average. I'm willing to give him more time to work it out.
- It is really hard to manage a 3 man low post rotation when they are all in foul trouble in the first half but somehow none of them fouled out.
- Great to see Bill Walker get a little more run. He showed he can pick up hustle points and attack the basket (filling a void left by Tony). He also got under the skin of Jermaine O'Neal. This kid is just making friends all over the league isn't he?
- The Heat announcers mentioned that many (I forget the numbers) of Powe's career double doubles have come against the Heat.
- "What do you want me to say that hasn't been said about [Wade]?" said Pierce.