Hard to keep track of all the injuries, so lets go right down the roster:
Hurt or hurting:
- Rajon Rondo - twisted ankle - aggravated it last night; questionable for tonight's game.
- Ray Allen - hyper-extended elbow - hurt it late in the game last night; questionable for tonight's game.
- Leon Powe - deep bruise on right knee - will be evaluated today; questionable for tonight's game.
- Big Baby - twisted ankle - may be ready to play tonight.
- Kevin Garnett - strained right knee - still targeting weekend return, but will take it slowly.
- Brian Scalabrine - multiple concussions - return timeframe undecided.
- Tony Allen - thumb surgery - cast off but still targeting April return.
- Paul Pierce - Another 38 minutes last night. He's 19th in the league in min. per game.
- Stephon Marbury - Another goose egg in the scoring column.
- Mikki Moore - Fouled out, but not before grabbing 10 rebounds.
- Kendrick Perkins - Actually having some of his better statistical games, but he misses KG on defense.
- Eddie House - Knocking down 3's to keep us in games.
- Bill Walker - Getting solid minutes. A little up and down. Picked up another tech. Developing a reputation around the league (Bulls announcers were killing him).
- Gabe Pruitt/JR Giddens - 8 seconds of playing time = vote of no confidence.
So if I'm reading this right, we might have 8 fully healthy players tonight, 4 of which are guards and 2 of those guards are of the last-resort category. How does a starting lineup of Marbury, House, Pierce, Moore, and Perkins sound? How does a bench of Bill Walker, Gabe Pruitt, and JR Giddens sound?
Should we just give Danny and Doc uniforms and have the first player-coach, player-GM combo ever? Lets just say I'm not optimistic about our chances against Wade tonight.