Here's what I said last night:
I'm thinking we'll see a big game out of Pierce on Thursday. I can just feel it.
Here's what I said this afternoon:
I can't wait till Pierce drops 30 on 'em tonight.
Ok, so he didn't get 30, but he would have if they needed him to. He was a man on a mission tonight and took the Chicago crowd right out of it. I love it. Thank you Paul.
- Rondo is still the best player in this series so far. 20 pts, 11 reb, and 6 ast, 5 stl
- They just had to carry Rondo off the floor. Not sure what happened but he looked to be limping badly. UPDATE: Rondo was interviewed and said his feet hurt but that he is "fine."
- Another very solid game by Big Baby, including 6 assists and 6 steals to go with 9 boards and 14 pts. (thanks tance)
- Some nice minutes by Marbury tonight, in particular when Rondo had foul trouble in the first half.
- Great to see Scal back on the court hitting a 3 pointer.
- In that's-just-sad news, Tony Allen apparently got death threats in Chicago (his home town).
- More important than the offense in this game was the back-to-basics defensive performance by the Celtics. Scoring over 100 we know we can do. Holding them under 90 is more difficult.
- For those scoring at home, Ben Gordon and Derrick Rose combined for just 24 points and 3 assists. The Bulls only got 4 blocked shots to the C's 10.
- With that said, this one was over midway through the 3rd and full game stats don't really matter much. Just a nice blowout win.
- Hey Green17, so much for losing home court advantage huh? Also, as MattD said in the comments about the theory that we can't win on the road in the playoffs: "Nice to put that to rest at the earliest possible opportunity."