What could have turned into an ugly game without Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Rajon Rondo suiting up for the Celtics ended up being a fun one. The Celtics ended their three game losing streak with the win over the Toronto Raptors at the TD Garden- as much as it wasn't "much needed", it was- if you can figure that out.
- The Celtics used numerous lineups as expected, including Lester Hudson, Eddie House, Brian Scalabrine, Glen Davis, and Shelden Williams at one point in the second quarter.
- I guess if you're offensively challenged it doesn't hurt to be playing a team that is defensively challenged.
- The often times unheralded member of the Big Three stepped up tonight.
- Glen Davis was great off the bench tonight. He couldn't have come back at a better time.
- The young guys (Giddens and Hudson) held their own out there. Their numbers won't show it in the box score, but for two players playing meaningful minutes it was a solid performance.
- Six players ended the night in double figures in scoring tonight. Thats huge considering three guys who average double figures in scoring weren't playing.
- Raptors had zero fast break points going into the fourth quarter... they ended with three.
- Raptors average 103.5 points per game- held to 96 tonight. Solid effort by Celtics on both ends of court.
Post-game article to follow...