The Hawks are still bitter about that first round series a few years back. They seem to think this is a rivalry. Well, you know what, it isn't a rivalry right now because they own us. The Hawks swept the season series by winning tonight.
- Pierce was the only reason this game was close. He was hot all night long.
- Rondo was off tonight. He was not very aggressive and he was very hesitant to shoot the ball. I counted at least 3 possessions where the Hawks gave him 3 feet of space and he refused to shoot, which then led to a bad shot or turnover.
- Rondo also gave up some careless turnovers. None worse than the one in the final couple minutes.
- Garnett looked intent on proving that he was healthy early on. Took a high volume of shots. Enough went in that it wasn't a problem, just thought it was interesting.
- Why can't we ever stop Jamal Crawford? Joe Johnson I understand, but Jamal?
- I'm not even going to bother complaining about Sheed's 3's or T's.
- Chippy game, as expected. Technicals, flagrant fouls, the whole works. These teams really dislike each other. I gotta admit, I kinda like that. Reminds me of the 80's.
So, are the Celtics just tired, or are they too old to keep up?