The Celtics were too experienced for the young OKC squad early on. Then they almost got a little too cute for their own good. The C's just don't know how to play with a 20 point lead yet. With that said, they took care of business in the end for a solid win to start the road trip.
- The Thunder couldn't buy a bucket in the first half and didn't help their cause by not moving the basketball.
- Meanwhile, the Celtics on the other hand had 15 assists at halftime - 8 of which were from Rondo of course. (He would finish with a mere 10)
- The lead blossomed to 20 points before the Thunder made their 3rd quarter 13-2 run, fueled by (no surprise) Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
- They pulled within 6 before the C's bench actually pushed the lead back into the mid teens.
- Then it was pretty much just a back and forth, ho-hum, keep em' at arms length distance to the end.
- Looking down the box score, it was a very balanced effort from the bench. Daniels, Davis, Robinson, and Erden each chipped in with 7 or more points.
- In contrast was the Thunder's lopsided scoring, which came from Durant (34), Westbrook (16), and Kristic (13). The rest of the team scored just 20 points combined.
See the OKC Thunderdome recap here.