I've discovered the hidden reason for the Celtics' recent poor performance. The diagnosis presented itself after watching Paul Pierce play the first half of the game in Detroit. Here is a brief list of what he just did, in just the first half:
- Airball off a forced iso shot from the right elbow
- Stripped while dribbling his way to the basket, followed by a complaint to the ref over the foul call he thought he deserved
- Foot on line in the left corner => turnover
- Defensive 3-second violation
- His man, Ben Gordon, hits a shot after an inbound with ONE SECOND left on the shot clock
- Fouls Daye on a layup for an and-1
Ok? Clear enough? Paul Pierce is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. He's forgotten how to play basketball. In fact, I think a few of the Celtics have contracted a new, hitherto unknown virus that causes an Alzheimer's-like syndrome. I am working on isolating it in the lab. Gonna name it "Bostonia Celticosis".
March 3, 2010 UPDATE: It's a miracle! Paul's CURED !!