Blatche was noticeably upset and appeared to hold back tears as he explained his encounter with Garnett, which nearly got heated when Garnett approached Blatche and tried to wrestle the ball away from him. Blatche appeared to throw an elbow as Garnett continued to taunt him. Blatche later flung Garnett into a cameraman and sent him to the foul line for two free throws. Garnett smiled as he was helped off the ground. Reserve forward James Singleton said Garnett used his "veteran senses" to needle Blatche and get under his skin. "I see myself as defending myself as a player. I'm a man, just like they a man. If a man is talking to me this close to my face," Blatche said, moving his hand toward his cheek. "I'm going to say something back. He has to respect me just like I respect him. I just, 'Get up out of my face.' He was this close in my face - I can feel his lips touching my cheek - I wasn't bragging saying 'Ah we winning.' It was 'Back up.' "
Time to grow up Andre. (You too Stephen Jackson)
More fun links:
- Antoine Walker is playing basketball again, ...for Puerto Rico
- Red's Army spends a day with the Red Claws
- Appreciating Matt Barnes - anyone who hates Kobe that much can't be all bad
- Was Flip too hard on Andre? (in my opinion, no)
- Finally, something Cleveland can be proud of
- Big Baby auditioned for Blind Sided
- Speaking of movies, can I suggest a nickname for Kendrick Perkins? How about "Hurt Locker?"