"Anybody got a BROOM?"
The Celtics are making a habit out of making teams give up. I think it is time to start giving the Celtics their due respect for their part in that.
LeBron is a deserving two time MVP. Dwight is a deserving Defensive Player of the Year. But the Celtics are a legitimate Championship contending team. Their defense is ridiculous and relentless. It makes teams feel like they can't breathe. After a while, teams just stop trying.
I'm revising my pre-series prediction. Celtics in 3. "Anybody got a BROOM?"
- Rondo's dive on the floor steal, get up, layup should be shown to kids at basketball camps for years to come. That's the definition of a Tommy Point.
- Big Baby showed more heart than the entire Magic team tonight.
- I love the balance of scoring. 6 Celtics with double figure scoring and none over 20. Who ya gonna stop?
- If anyone locates Rashard Lewis, tell him to just stay home.
- Stats don't even mean much in a game like this, but Dwight Howard's -29 in plus/minus is pretty eye popping.
- Ok, one more stat line: Ray Allen had 14 points, 6 assists, and 6 rebounds. That's a Rondo type line.