Questions regarding this series:
- Who will match up defensively with Ray Allen? Is Bryant going to be the one running around screens or is Fisher going to do the dirty work?
- Once that’s figured out, who’s going to defend Rondo? Bryant did it in spurts in ‘08 because Rondo was not much of a threat, but now he is one of the main threats in this Celtics team.
- Will Perk be able to make Gasol work for his points? I know Bynum’s supposed to match up with him, but Bynum’s probably going to be in foul trouble soon enough. Surely Bynum isn’t tougher to cover than Shaq and then Dwight?
- Is Ron Artest going to defend Pierce better than LBJ did? Artest has come up big in a few spots for LA this postseason, but his defense isn’t exactly brilliant right now. His best work came against Durant, a very efficient scorer in his own right, but Durant does not have the fadeaways, spin moves, and slashing that PP has.
- Who is going to defend Lamar Odom? I bet Glen Davis is getting some duty with him, and having Glen sagging off will dare him to shoot jump shots, something that is usually bad for the Lakers.
- Who will win the rebounding battle? The Lakers are significantly a better offensive rebounding team than all the opponents the Celtics have faced, only because it is in their gameplan. If the Celtics control the defensive boards (we’re looking at PP here), so much of the offense of the Lakers are gone.
- How will the Celtics defend Bryant? Ala Wade or ala James?
- Will Derek Fisher roughen Rondo up more than Dwight did? Come on, this guy is a master of cheap shots and frustrating flops as well as anyone.
- Are we going to see more of Rondo attacking the lane again? There’s no Dwight Howard in the Lakers, I’ll tell you that.
- Will TA fall for Bryant’s up fakes? (I know, I know…)
- Will Nate Robinson see more playing time? Will he win us another game?
- Is KG going to be a force offensively?
Be respectful and keep it clean. Thanks.