My list of the greatest players (imo) since MJ left the Bulls. The players' teams are their teams from 1999- present.
3. Kobe Bryant (Lakers). Kobe has uncountable numbers of great games, most notably his 81-point performance against Toronto in 2006. People say he can't win without Shaq, but could Shaq have won without him? Kobe has 5 championships, notably the latest one against the Celtics.
4. Kevin Garnett ( Timberwolves, Celtics) KG, led the Wolves to the Conference Finals in 2004, he also won MVP that year and his always-present defense helped him succeed and also to win the Defensive Player of the Year award in 2008 en route to his 1st NBA championship.
6. Steve Nash (Mavericks, Suns) Steve Nash dazzled everyone's eyes with great passes, although he has no rings, he has 2 MVPs and his great play is unquestionable.
8. Paul Pierce (Celtics) Led the Celtics to the NBA Championship in 2008 and winning NBA Finals MVP, Paul Pierce is clearly underrated. He shut down Kobe Bryant and LeBron James in '08 and shut down LeBron James again when they beat the Cavs. (Paul Pierce is also one of three players to make 100 3's per season this past decade along with Jason Terry and Ray Allen)
9. Chauncey Billups ( Pistons, Nuggets twice) Chauncey Billups led the Detroit Pistons to 6 straight Conference Finals appearances including 2 NBA Finals and 1 championship in '04 in which he won the Finals MVP.
10. Ray Allen (Bucks, Sonics, Celtics)A well-known sharpshooter, Ray Allen helped the Celtics to the 2008 NBA title. He also led the Bucks and Sonics to multiple playoff appearances.
Other great players from 1999-the present era:
Take note that this is my list