Like I said in the first half post
, that couldn't have gone much worse. Bad execution, turnovers, early foul trouble, poor rotations, and basically shooting themselves in the foot all game long.
- Shaq won't fix this - we need better execution.
- Three comeback attempts were smacked down each time. Can't play less than a full game against the Heat and expect to squeak out a win like they did against the Knicks.
- Sure, the refs blew that flagrant foul call (it will be overturned or reduced) and tossed Paul Pierce without cause, but ...umm, we were down double digits already.
- Worth saying again: please don't blame this on the refs, that's weak. Did the refs blow some calls? Sure. But we got rocked fair and square.
- Hopefully Paul Pierce doesn't get a suspension for the semi-head-butt.
- If not for outside shooting, this game would have been even worse. As a team we shot 50% from deep and Ray alone hit 5 ...in a wasted effort.
- Rondo didn't dominate his matchups. It wasn't quite a draw, but he needs to destroy those guys and didn't.
- Still not much from the bench outside of a couple of 3 pointers by Jeff Green.
- More later, ...after I cool off.