MIAMI, FL - MAY 01: Ray Allen #20 of the Boston Celtics looks on during Game One of the Eastern Conference Semifinals of the 2011 NBA Playoffs against the Miami Heat at American Airlines Arena on May 1, 2011 in Miami, Florida. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
"I’m extremely proud of (the Bruins), for what they’ve done for the city of Boston," he said. "When you see it from the other side you realize how much bigger it is than yourself. You see how many people are rooting for you, and sometimes when we’re on our own little path, or our own little journey, you forget the intensity of the moment. It’s always a lesson that there are people rooting for you, and no matter how egotistical we may be as athletes, or as insular as we can be, these moments playing in Boston are bigger than us as individuals."
Always great stuff from the thoughtful and intelligent Ray Allen.
- On GAC: Larry Bird on Rick Carlisle, Dirk Nowitzki - Dallas Mavericks Blog - ESPN Dallas
- Celtics’ Offseason ‘To Do’ Lists | Boston Celtics Basketball - Celtics news, rumors and analysis - CelticsHub.com
- Boston College’s Jackson cancels remaining draft workouts | ProBasketballTalk
- David Thorpe on Ricky Rubio » A Wolf Among Wolves
- Stay Soft, Dirk Nowitzki - Deadspin
- Complete And Thorough Incompetence: Your Guide To The 2011 Pick-Up Basketball Season - SBNation.com
- We’re About To Have a Great Draft … In 2012 - Behind the Basket - The Antidote for Conventional Wisdom
- NBA draft 2011: Ranking draft prospects by tiers - ESPN (Insider)
- At long last, tough-luck Bruins join Boston's circle of champions - ESPN Boston