The Celtics have had trouble getting contributions from their bench this year. Not so tonight, where the bench did a lot of heavy lifting to secure the win.
In a pleasant turn of events, the Celtics bench stepped up bigtime in this game. Both Jeff Green and Leandro Barbosa contributed 16 points apiece and Wilcox and Lee added 7 and 6.
- Jeff Green channeled some of that inner jerk that KG was looking for with a monster dunk on Al Jefferson and followed it up with the stare-down for which he was given a technical - which was quite alright with everyone involved ...well, except maybe Big Al.
- Pierce started off slowly but caught fire in the 2nd half, at one point dropping 3 straight three pointers.
- Derrick Favors spent the whole night at the free throw line, taking 14 freebies by himself which accounts for half of all the Jazz attempts.
- Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap (predictably) dominated in the paint with rebounds and buckets.
- Rondo picked up his 10 assists before leaving the game with a twisted ankle. Hopefully he's going to be alright.
- Barbosa filled in admirably with some huge points and heady play off the bench.
- Really enjoyed the Rondo alley oops to KG and Wilcox. More of that please.
For insight from the Utah Jazz perspective, check out SLC Dunk.