Greg M. Cooper-US PRESSWIRE
It took a bit longer than we'd like and it was harder than we'd expect, but the Celtics secured the win in Orlando.
The Celtics are better than the Magic at every position but of course this game went to overtime. That only makes sense in our weird world. Thankfully the defense tightened up in overtime and the Celtics executed well enough to secure the win. But not before stretching the minutes of players that Doc would much rather keep fresh for the future.
I can't decide if this was the Celtics playing down to the competition or the Magic playing inspired basketball but it is probably a bit of both.
- Another day, another 100+ points given up. And that wasn't just because it went to overtime. It was 102 all at the end of regulation. Is that all on the defense? Or is some of it the faster pace that the team is trying to play at?
- Hats off to Jameer who took over in the 3rd quarter to spark an 8-0 run.
- Big Baby had a solid game, and you know how much he wanted this.
- Our other old friend E'Twaun Moore had a solid game as well, hitting some early jumpers to keep them in the game.
- Thank goodness for those old guys Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett who carried the load offensively.
- Oh yeah, and that point guard guy who missed a triple double by one rebound and extended his assists streak.
- Too bad it was back under the invisibility cloak for Jeff Green, who managed just one point and two rebounds in 20 minutes.
- Bass looked solid with a double double and Sully chipped in with 11 and 6.
- Still love the spark that Barbosa gives this team off the bench. Scalabrine pointed out that he came in cold off the bench and drilled a three pointer without even thinking twice about it. Need guys that are just ready like that.
|Final - 11.25.2012||1||2||3||4||OT 1||Total|
For Magic coverage, check out Orlando Pinstriped Post.