Celtics survive for a win in double overtime after being up by 14 points in the 3rd quarter.
Fwhew. That one made me tired just watching it. 53 minutes by Rondo (career high), 40+ minutes for the Old Three of Pierce, Garnett, and Terry. Perhaps Doc should take a page from Popovich (and a bill from Stern) and rest the starters on Friday night.
- Paul Pierce with 34 points to lead all scorers. Came up short on a few chances to win the game but hit his free throws down the line to seal the win.
- Speaking of missing chances to win the game - I like Rondo passing the ball in the clutch much more than Rondo shooting in the clutch. I get that that isn't always an option but still.
- Basically Pierce and Rondo are making me feel bi-polar when I watch the games. Brilliant and blundering from one moment to the next.
- 27 turnovers by the Mavericks helped a lot. Some forced, some not so much.
- 14 point lead in the 3rd quarter all gone in the 4th. That's a shame. Could have used the extra rest.
- Was really expecting Jason Terry to hit a big game winner against his old mates but it wasn't meant to be ...this time. He played pretty well overall though. (Ok, maybe not on defense)
- Another solid game from Jeff Green with 15 points.
- A step back for the defense overall after making strides in the last few games.
A win is a win, no matter how long it takes.
|Final - 12.12.2012||1||2||3||4||OT 1||OT 2||Total|
For Mavs coverage, check out Mavs Moneyball.