These trades aren't based on any particular rumors, except for the one that has the Celtics trying to trade Courtney Lee (5 million, 4 years). Also: some players like Bass and Green can't be traded until January 15.
I'm just having fun with the trade machine. The main goal is to get us a big.
1) Courtney Lee, Jared Sullinger, and Kris Joseph for Anderson Varejao (8,368,182 million, 3 years).
- Varejao this season: 14.0 PPG, 14.9 RPG, 1.5 Stl, 48 FG%, 76.5 FT%, 35.9 MPG. (Notes: You can change Joseph for Melo and/or Bradley and the trade would still work. This is kind of what it would take to get Varejao... or more).
- Millsap this season: 15.3 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 1.0 Blk, 47.9 FG%, 70.4 FT%, 31.4 MPG. (Notes: The Jazz are in the playoff hunt so I'm not sure why they would do this so early in the season. It might come down to whether or not they want to pay Millsap next summer... OK, probably not gonna happen).
3) Courtney Lee, Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo for Demarcus Cousins (3,880,800 million, 2 years) and Travis Outlaw (3 million, 3 years).
- Cousins this season: 16.8 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 1.4 Stl, 42.7 FG%, 75.8 FT%, 30.5 MPG. (Notes: It comes down to who you believe will have a better career: Sullinger or Cousins. I'd make this trade because I think all Cousins needs is to play in a team like the Celtics to change his focus and become a beast. Oh, and Travis Outlaw is a filler to make the trade work... In addition, Lee, Sully and Joseph for Cousins and Outlaw also works).
4) Courtney Lee, Kris Joseph, and Fab Melo for Marcin Gortat (7,258,960 million, 2 years)
- Gortat this season: 11.0 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.9 Blk, 52.6 FG%, 69.5 FT% 31MPG. (Notes:The guy most of us want to acquire. Throw in Melo and Joseph, or just Melo and a few draft picks and the salaries match. I wouldn't be cheap in trying to acquire Gortat. I know some people like Joseph but 7 footers like Gortat don't grow on trees and we should know that by now).
5) Courtney Lee for Jason Maxiell (5 million, 1 year)
- Maxiell this season: 8.9PPG, 6.5RPG, 1.6 Blk, 47.8 FG%, 68.5 FT%, 27.6 MPG. (Note: Maxiell's blocks per game are above his career average of 0.8. And he is a big that isn't big).
- Two seven footers who aren't really good. Salaries had to match. Not sure why Denver would want another shooting guard. But, hey, the salaries matched!
- Harrington hasn't played this season yet because of an injury. Last season: 14.2 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 44.6 FG%, 33.3 3FG%, 67.6 FT%, 27.5 MPG. (Note: Not exactly the defensive presence we need).