The Celtics let the Sixers pull ahead for the lead early in the 3rd quarter but re-established their defensive intensity to the end of the game. Boston had a chance to win it at the end of regulation but Rondo's shot was just a little long. Then Rondo had another shot to win it at the end of overtime, but slipped as he caught the ball and threw up an off balance shot that missed the mark. Ballgame.
Here are several reasons why I hate to see this game end up in the loss column.
- Waste of a great game by Paul Pierce with 27 gutty points and close to 45 minutes of floor time. He looked tired by the end.
- Waste of a triple double by Rajon Rondo who actually secured the trip-dub in the 3rd quarter.
- Waste of 35 long minutes for Kevin Garnett.
- Waste of a very good game by Jeff Green who was 3-5 from 3 and ended up with 19 points.
- Now we have to turn around and play this same team tomorrow night and we don't do so well on back to backs.
Other bullet points:
- Jason Terry was ice cold with 1-12 from the floor and 1-7 from three point land alone.
- Did Courtney Lee really airball that 3 pointer in overtime? Or did he graze the rim? Either way, yuck.
- Evan Turner really likes playing the Celtics.
- Brandon Bass only got 2 points and missed his only shot from the field. Doc elected to go with Green down the stretch and into overtime so Bass only got 22 min.
- Rebounding was about even overall.
- Both Pierce and Garnett missed bunny tip-ins that would have helped our cause a lot. That just happens sometimes.
Tough loss. We'll run it back tomorrow with tired legs.
|Final - 12.7.2012||1||2||3||4||OT 1||Total|
For Sixers coverage, check out Liberty Ballers.