he talked the talk and he walked the walk
Prior to the break Kevin Garnett challenged his teammates to step up or step aside. That means taking care of the little things and getting the hustle plays. Down the stretch KG made a big defensive play leading to an easy fast break then followed that up with a big offensive rebound of his own miss where he was fouled and made both free throws to give the Celtics the edge they needed down the stretch.
In short, he talked the talk and he walked the walk. Well done Big Ticket.
- Interesting (and logical) strategy by Doc to foul right away with just over 3 seconds to play and a 3 point lead. It worked perfectly.
- Boy am I tired of seeing Kyrie Irving lighting us up. Rondo and Bradley couldn't slow him down again.
- Rondo played the role of facilitator tonight, going oh-fer the game with no points but did have 11 assists.
- Celtics looked to KG early and often to exploit the matchup with Jamison.
- Bradley gave Rondo an extended break late in the 2nd half and finished 3 for 5. Comparisons to Ray Allen inconclusive (sorry wjsy)
- Nice shooting night for the real Ray Allen who hit 4 three pointers.