The Thunder closed out the Lakers tonight, winning in solid fashion by taking control of the 4th quarter and holding off LA for the win. For much of the game it was a back-and-forth affair, with Kobe Brant reaching way down deep into his reserves to score a game-high 42 points. Kobe's efforts kept LA in a game that was balancing on an edge, because none of the Lakers bigs were much of a factor. The Thunder seized momentum of a taut game late in the 3rd when Russell Westbrook converted two and-1 plays, which helped keep the Thunder lead at six heading into the 4th.
For more news and analysis on the Thunder, check out the Welcome to Loud City blog as well as a few links below.
- NBA - Andrew Bynum unsure of his long-term future with the Los Angeles Lakers - ESPN Los Angeles
- Russell Westbrook hit an impossible and-one shot to beat the Lakers (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie
- Gunshots fired following Oklahoma City Thunder game; 8 injured - ESPN
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder beat Los Angeles Lakers - Sam Amick - SI.com
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant's Post-Game 5 Outfits - Welcome to Loud City