If the season continues the way it is i'm all for making a trade.. i suggested maybe a three team deal in another post.
Or just do a couple small trades and restock the youth, get picks..
one example of what i mean is J.E.Terry & Barbosa to OKC for J. Lamb and Maynor. JET has a ring, and could help OKC. Maynor would be a good back up to rondo, this year and years to come. One of the problems is the bench not preforming. I think its cause the bench has a new PG every year! Get a young PG and keep him. Lamb becomes the young SG of the future, put him in Maine along with melo and don't touch him till camp starts. Let him grow.
- I like Jeff Green but i don't think he is what they need. I think Houston is a team on the rise, with the addition of Harden. So would they take a flyer on Green and reunite the two? The Rockets have 7 million in cap room and about 30 PF's. Would they take Green, a proven now player, for some one like T. Jones? T.Jones is a Lamar Odom type player, good ball handling skills for his size. To me its also a salary dump for the Celtics.
- B. Bass.. Is one of the biggest let downs this year. I have been somewhat paying attention to Derek Williams in Minnesota, and he isnt getting much playing time. He gets about 14 per game.. Minnesota has a chance to make the playoffs? are they willing or ready to move Williams now.. Williams and Chase Buddinger for Bass and a second round pick next year?
- They could start Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Williams and KG. Sullinger, Lamb, Maynor, Jones, Wilcox and Lee, Joseph would be the bench. collins, melo, J.V.would be the towel holders or DLeague roster spots.
- The Roster going into the draft would be Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, KG, Melo, Sullinger, Lamb, T.Jones, Williams, Lee and (Joseph). that is a decently young team. A lot of question marks, but one thing they do have is pieces to offer other teams to get players in sign and trades.
- Another thing i think they should do is start Green. NO Not at SF. At PF! Move kg back to center put Collins back at the 15th man spot. Start green let him play next to Pierce, Rondo and KG for most of the game. move him around when subbing him in but he is affective when he gets more playing time per game and has a fire lit under him. Maybe this move helps that come out. If not than move him to Houston in the trade i mentioned above.