It was close but no cigar for the Celtics, which is something we should get used to this year. The guys played hard and there were some nice moments but ultimately poor 2nd and 4th quarters doomed them.
- Rumors of Jeff Green's death were greatly exaggerated. He was all that we would have wanted him to be tonight and finished with 25 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists. More of that please.
- Vitor Faverani set the tone early shooting early and often. He had 13 points at the half and had me thinking ROY. He was alright in the second half but was held scoreless. He also had 3 blocks and 5 fouls, so he knows how to fill up a box score.
- Brandon Bass was on fire. He made 6 of 7 shots from the field and all 5 free throws to finish with 17 points. Some contender really needs this guy.
- Humphries had some strong moments with blocks (2), rebounds (9), and some nice putbacks.
- Jordan Crawford was solid just by doing Jordan Crawford things - including launching a 3 pointer from a good 2 feet beyond the arc. Maxwell's line was great "That shot was brought to you by the letter Y"
- We giveth and taketh away. Too many turnovers but a lot of forced turnovers as well. Gerald Wallace was a prime example - 4 steals and 5 turnovers.
- Kind of a rocky first night for Kelly Olynyk who had 3 turnovers and a team worst minus 20 in the plus/minus stat.
- Avery Bradley had a quietly effective night. 8 points, 4 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, ...and 6 fouls.
- No MarShon Brooks for those tracking at home.
- We'll see how much the rotation changes when Jared Sullinger plays in the next game.
In other news, the Miami Heat lost to the Sixers tonight. No really, look it up.