If a tree has a breakout season in the woods and nobody is there to witness it, did it ever really happen? Well of course it did. Just because nobody outside of Boston is watching much, doesn't mean he Jared Sullinger isn't having a fantastic year thus far.
Having a really nice season for a BOS team that doesn't get much national attention anymore: Jared Sullinger.— Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) December 1, 2013
Just how much of an impact is he having on this Celtics team?
I don’t want to jump to crazy conclusions and call Sullinger the team’s most important healthy player (OK, I definitely do), but when he’s in the lineup the Celtics hit the glass like an elite rebounding team; shoot with seriously heightened accuracy (53.9 true shooting percentage on, 49.8 percent off); take better care of the ball (15.8 percent turnover rate on, 18.8 off), and assist on a higher percentage of their baskets (15.4 percent on, 13.3 percent off). They are 11.1 points per 100 possessions better offensively with Sullinger and 4.0 points per 100 possessions better defensively.
Said another way...
2013-14 Boston Celtics... With Jared Sullinger: +45 (427 minutes) Without him: -114 (485 minutes) (Those are KG-like +/- numbers)— Sean Grande (@SeanGrandePBP) December 1, 2013
We've got one more game before we hit the 20 game rule when I'm going to allow myself to make declarative statements about this team. But I can already tell you that one of my conclusions is that Jared Sullinger is as good as we thought he could be. He's got a bright future in Boston and I look forward to watching him continue to grow and develop in Celtics green.
- A College Basketball Guide for Boston Celtics Fans: December Edition
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/1
- Celtics suffer a disappointing loss at the hands of Milwaukee
- Courtney Lee and Kelly Olynyk are out for tonight's game
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 11/30
- Knicks, Nets, and other teams are tanking wrong, messing up our lottery plans
- Jeff Green, Boston Celtics Crush Cleveland Cavs: Boxing Out & Baller of the Night
- Breaking Down Jordan Crawford's Triple-Double vs. Cavs
- Jeff Green's 31 leads Boston Celtics Past Cleveland Cavaliers 103-86: Highlights & Analysis
- Wire to wire - Celtics rout Cavs 103-86