It wasn't a blow-out loss. That might have been easier to watch. The Celtics dug themselves a double digit deficit in the first half and just sort of hung around that mark the rest of the night. Every time it looked like they might make a run, they let the Mavs take the lead back up to 10 or so. They actually had it down to 5 in the final minutes but the Mavs just made the right plays and the Celtics didn't.
A lot of people probably skipped this game to watch the NCAA tourney and I guess they didn't miss much. This team can be so frustrating to watch sometimes. A part of me wishes we could just get the playoffs started now because this team just doesn't seem to get "up" for these regular season games too often.
Other quick thoughts:
- Courtney Lee went down holding his knee but it sounds like it might just be a sprained ankle. Hopefully that's the case.
- I love/hate/love/hate the Jordan Crawford experience.
- JET had a nice ovation from the crowd but managed just 8 points.
- Celtics made Brandan Wright look like an All Star. Call it the Byron Mullens treatment.
- Vince Carter is still around. So there's that.
- I think Brandon Bass leads the league in "freebounds" (rebounds that just fall into your lap)
- Blah. That is all.