Welp. My rejected headline was "Lottery Celtics lose to lottery Cavs" but that would have been too harsh. This team still has stars that they can plug in when they come back healthy. There were some positive signs from this game. But at the end of the day, the Celtics are just not going to beat a lot of teams with KG and Pierce on the shelf.
Other random thoughts:
- Tristan Thompson with career highs in points (29) and boards (17). Wow. We seem to lead the league in allowing players their career highs.
- Ho hum, another 23 points for Jeff Green.
- Shavlik Randolph with perhaps his best game as a pro. 16 points, 7 boards (4 offensive) in just 13 minutes (he fouled out - otherwise it might have been more).
- Avery Bradley scared us by heading to the locker room with Ed Lacerte, but he returned to the court, so hopefully he's ok.
- Crawford with a woeful shooting night. He was 1-11 before hitting a few shots late in the game. He did pick up 5 assists and 4 boards though.
- Looks like DJ White hasn't impressed the coaching staff enough. If he's getting a healthy DNP in this game, he's not going to play... like ever.
- If you had told me that Kyrie Irving would score just 11 points, there's no way I'd believe that the Celtics would have lost this game. But there it is.
- Bring on the Wizards I guess.