The first few minutes of the game were horrible as the Knicks built a double digit lead before the Celtics had 4 points. From that point on, however, the Celtics turned in their most complete game of the series. They still had to hold off a late rally by the Knicks, but some clutch shooting and rebounds by the defiant Kevin Garnett sealed the deal. We're going back to Boston!
- KG with his third straight game of 17 or more rebounds. He also added 16 points.
- During that 1st quarter, Brandon Bass was almost our entire offense. He kept us in the game single-handedly. That was huge. He also finished with 17 points.
- Jeff Green showed up in the second half with a monster dunk and 2 huge corner 3's (18 points overall)
- J.R. Smith was ice cold all night (but hit a 3 late that made things a little edgy)
- Carmelo was a very quiet 22 points tonight. 8-24 from the field.
- Jason Terry lives! He rode the momentum from his overtime heroics to some sweet shooting tonight - finishing with 5 three pointers for 17 points. Just huge.
- Raymond Felton continues to play bigtime against us. Had 21 of his own points.
- Terrence Williams ended up taking Avery Bradley's minutes as the game wore on. He played heady ball tonight.
- Pierce was up and down, but that hot streak he had early in the 3rd quarter was huge.
Great win. We survive another day and now the Knicks will start getting very, very nervous. Where's Kevin Millar?