For all of those who have taken out the tissues, barf bags, and even stooped to threaten Ainge's life, please look at the big picture with your head, not your heart. Its time to rebuild. Stop, look and listen.
1. because KG/PP had contracts that would not allow addition(s) good enough to contend for a title.
2. there were no other teams that were contenders who could take BOTH Kg and PP. (respect given)
3. Three #1 picks... given the facts listed in #1 and #2... is not too shabby. May take years to evaluate.
4. We NEED to determine what we have in preparation for 2014 draft / and ensuing season. Play AB,
Green, Sully, Melo, Toko, Crawford, etc big minutes, and find out who we can count on moving forward.
5. Do you really think the dealing is done? Danny is unorthodox...but he is NOT stupid. Do you really bellieve
that other GM's are wary of dealing with him because he has a habit of getting fleeced? Quite the opposite.
6. When your coach opts out, and others' feelings are based on him, what else do you do?
Lets let this play out. Something tells me that the gloom and doomers will have something that surprises them by July 10th. I couldnt tell you how the pieces will fall, but some will fall. Whether it be soon, or at the deadline, more changes are coming.
My prediction is: if Rondo is unhappy with the situation, he will be the piece that nets us a young big and/or a lottery pick. Stay tuned.