The Nets came out ice cold, in particular from downtown. In the first half they were 0-17 from three (they finished making just 4-30). Meanwhile, Rajon Rondo was 3-4 himself. The Celtics were able to build a lead as high as 18 points before the Nets were able to cut into that deficit.
The Nets got it down to 11 and then in the 4th quarter neither team could seem to buy a bucket.
All those misses by the Nets led to a lot of Celtics rebounds. In fact, they out-rebounded the Nets by over 20. Of course the Celtics gave a number of those balls back with 25 turnovers.
Boston held on down the stretch and pulled out the win. This win doesn't help the Celtics ping pong odds, but it does help push the Nets down a bit (they are ahead of the Hawks at the moment so we'd be getting their pick).
- Rondo was the star of the show. He finished with 20 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds, and 4 steals. He did give up 7 turnovers, but it was a sloppy game all around. When the C's really needed it in the 4th, Rondo set up two straight key buckets in a row to give them a cushion.
- Kelly Olynyk had another solid game before fouling out. He's got some great offensive instincts and nifty moves.
- Jeff Green and Jerryd Bayless both chipped in with 15 and 14 points.
- Phil Pressey managed to hold the fort while Rondo was sitting. He didn't score any points, but the team was a plus 15 when he was on the court.
- Sullinger got just 5 points but pulled down a big 12 rebounds. 4 of them were offensive boards too. Love seeing him go to work on the boards. I'm not sure if I've seen anyone pull down more one handed boards either.
- Yup. Still weird seeing Pierce in another uniform. That's never going to change.
A good, solid win that speaks to good things down the line for some of these guys.