The Celtics held a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter but let the Bobcats come all the way back to take the lead. However, they were finally able to close out the game the right way and pick up the win.
- Rajon Rondo was a late scratch with a bruised shin, but Phil Pressey filled in admirably with a double double effort (10 points, 13 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals and just 4 turnovers). He was really impressive tonight, making nifty passes, diving on the court for hustle plays, just everywhere at the right time. Great game by the rookie.
- Avery Bradley lead the Celtics in scoring with 22 points off some hot 3 point shooting (4-6 from downtown).
- Jared Sullinger helped seal the win with some late buckets and free throws, finishing with 20 points and 7 boards.
- Jeff Green and Brandon Bass both chipped in with 18 points apiece and Kelly Olynyk added 12 of his own.
- Al Jefferson was doing Al Jefferson things in the paint, finishing with 32 points and 10 rebounds.
- Neither team played consistent defense and the final score showed it, with both teams topping 100 points.
- This win and the Magic loss puts the Celtics back to the 4th worst record with 3 games remaining.