If I am GM of the Celtics I would build my 2014-2015 roster based on the following considerations:
- Each player can play well in motion offense and when they play together they can execute it to perfection. So, the focus will not be about getting the best individual talents in free agency and the draft, rather the challenge is to put up a team who fits well playing together.
- I am building a contender because I hate losing. I do not rely on the so-called star players to get me banner 18.
- I will not shake up the roster a lot through trades. However, I'll consider letting go of all expiring contracts and signing free agents for an upgrade. I shall also exercise team options on players under contract.
My roster for 2014-2015 shall be as follows:
- PG - Rajon Rondo
- SG - Gordon Hayward (Utah's qualifying offer to Hayward is $4,667,708; if Bradley demands between $6-10M; I would rather give it to Hayward. I will sign him for a 4 year $32 M contract).
- SF - Jeff Green
- PF - Jarred Sulinger
- C - Jusuf Nurkic (I would purchase a 2nd round pick to get Jusuf Nurkic. I rather try him than go for Omer Asik for a potential 1 year $14+M rental. Besides Asik was also drafted in the 2nd round at 36th by Portland in 2008. Nurkic is also younger, 20 years old, as compared to Asik who is 27 years old.)
- PG - Phil Pressey (I will sign him for a 2 year $6 M contract)
- SG - Kyle Anderson (I'll draft him using the 17th pick from the Nets)
- SF - Gerald Wallace (I will just wait for his contract to expire before making an upgrade)
- PF - Kelly Olynyk
- C- Noah Vonleh (I will draft Noah Vonleh with Boston's top 8 pick based on potential. He shall be relegated in the 2nd unit since he still has to gain experience.)