Apparently Saric has agreed in principle to a three year deal with Anadolu Efes (Turkey), which will essentially prevent him from joining the NBA for at least two years. Ford has Saric now slipping to #17 to the Celtics.
Is it worth it to snag Saric now and hold on to him for a few years? He certainly is an intriguing talent, but there are plenty of other intriguing talents at this point in the draft that would be ready to play this year. However, if we are in long-term rebuild mode, it may be worth it to wait. I personally think he is a special talent and will eventually be an NBA starter. Another option could be trading down to an early 2nd Round pick and seeing if we could snag him there (possibly our best option - if he is still available).