The last time these two teams met the Celtics took care of business and ran the Nets out of their own gym. In the process New Jersey lost Vince Carter for an indefinite amount of time. On top of that Boston will have James Posey and Brian Scalabrine this time around. However, Scal playing over Glen Davis, who had his strongest game as a pro last time, may not be a good thing. On the flip side Eddie House left with an ankle injury last night. And this is the second game of back-to-back contests for the Celtics. Ultimately I don't expect the Celtics to go undefeated. However, every time I look at their schedule I think, "It would be a shame if it ended against these guys." Tonight is no exception. However, I never take one of Jason Kidd's teams lightly and expect this to be a game. Some other points of interest:
- Richard Jefferson played very well in the previous match up. And it was by no means an aberration. He has been on fire.
- A few weeks back Charles Barkley said Sean Williams can be a player in the NBA if he can lay off the marijuana. I agree.
- Paging Bostjan Nachbar. Paging Bostjan Nachbar. You left your game in the preseason.
- Given recent events the Nets have to be kicking themselves about that Kidd for Stephon Marbury trade. All kidding aside I'm flabbergasted by this Marbury thing. For now check out what Seth at Posting and Toasting has to say. I'll sound off on this later. Just wow. The Nets must be dying to get to Brooklyn and take over New York.
- Players to focus on tonight: Rajon Rondo and Kendrick Perkins.