I started doing joke previews yesterday with the Raptors and Nets and vaguely remember promising two a day. I am already falling short, as you will have to settle with just the Knicks. However, it is a good one. Now all I need is someone to yell, "Yes Sir!" Read on if you don't understand that.
For someone who hates the New York Knicks as much as I do it is nearly impossible to figure out where to start this preview. Do I delve into the increasingly embarrassing Isiah Thomas trial? I'm sure I could unleash an epic rant on how Nate Robinson's victory over Andre Iguodala in the Slam Dunk Contest was an absolute travesty? Perhaps it is time to come to grips with the fact that I secretly root for David Lee and in the process root for the enemy.
He's like, `I'm going to average 10 points, 11-12 dimes, four assists...' And I'm like, `What? Last time I checked, dimes and assists were the same thing.' Then he answers his cell phone in the middle of the interview. And at the end he just starts screaming, `Do it with me now! Do it with me!' I had to rewind it just to make sure it was really Stephon Marbury on there. So, I present Steph with the `Interview of the Century' Hibachi Award!"
Then Marbury went out of his way to take some heat in the Mike Vick situation. And of course he was prominently involved in Isiah Thomas' aforementioned trial. However, in the end the clip below, which I found via the always entertaining Posting and Toasting, wins in a landslide. Some points:
1. I need to ask begin asking questions over and over again.
2. I also need to hire someone to follow me around and yell, "Yes Sir!" every time I make a point.
3. I'm pretty sure the word is out on Zach Randolph and everyone realizes he is a lefty.
4. Is "youthier" a word? YES SIR!
Some final points about the Knicks:
- It really is a whacky team. I'm going to make a point to watch them at least eight times this season, which of course includes the four games against the C's.
- Marbury is capable of anything at this point.
- I love Randolph's offensive game. And while his defense needs some work it may be more intriguing to see how he reacts to the New York nightlife. And when I say "his defense needs some work" I really mean "he should at least pretend to try on defense."
- YES SIR!