- The last time these two teams met I said that Glen Davis was not ready for prime time. Well 23 minutes later and my how things have changed. Big Baby had 20 points on 8-10 from the field and 4-5 from the line, 4 boards and dare I say it - some downright acrobatic lay ups. Great showing by him.
- After Davis' final lay up the Pistons called a timeout with 8.5 seconds remaining in the game. Big Baby immediately went to the bench and sat down. KG came over and pulled the old Sam Cassell routine, minus the dancing.
- Tony Allen! Yes he had a turnover down the stretch that could have sunk the C's. But he never should have been in there. Regardless, Allen provided a spark and kept Boston in the game when they were in trouble of slipping out of it.
- How about Paul Pierce? He still make me nervous with the ball in his hands. But he made some great decisions and really stepped up with Ray Allen struggling and KG in foul trouble. The Truth played all but two minutes. No one else besides Garnett was out there for more than 30 minutes.
- Everyone talks about the Celtics' lack of a bench. But they got 23 minutes out of Big Baby, 22 from Tony Allen and 18 from Eddie House.
- That's what basketball is all about. I really enjoyed the entire game.
Boston Celtics @ Detroit Pistons: 1/5/08 - Quick Reactions
By Jim Weeks