The Bulls started out cold and sloppy and the Celtics never let them back in the game. Here are some more thoughts from the game.
- Derrick Rose is as good as advertised. He is lightning quick and has no trouble getting to the hoop and creating his own layup opportunities.
- On the other hand, Rondo nearly matched him point for point and added 6 assists to Rose's zero.
- KG became the youngest player ever to play in 1,000 career games. And they still haven't figured out a way to guard him.
- Nice to see Ray Allen get going. I guess we can lay off the panic button for another day or so. Seriously though, some nights one of the big 3 is going to have a quiet night and more often than not, it will be Ray Allen. As long as we are winning and he's putting in his share of good nights, no worries.
- 17 shots for Tyrus Thomas in 26 minutes of play. That can't be part of the gameplan. To be fair, there was one series where he took 3 shots in a row - getting the ball back on good hustle, but the C's D wouldn't let him score.
- It sure is fun to see what Perkins can do on the floor when he doesn't foul out. Too bad we don't have a backup 7 footer. (Somewhere Patrick O'Bryant hits snooze on his alarm clock one more time)
- That's ok, the Leon Powe Show (also featuring Big Baby) is enough to handle teams like the Bulls who have nothing down low.
- It was a good opportunity to get the Big 3 some rest. Both KG and Ray were under 30 mintues and Paul played an easy 34.
- Hard to take a game too seriously when you see Scalabrine in the first half.
- Nice to see Gabe and O'Bryant get in the scorebook.