A lot is being made of the LeBron James to New York in 2010 speculation recently. Which of course begs the question about what the Celtics future looks like. Hoopshype is a good resource for salary info, but Roy Hobbes pointed us to a better, perhaps more accurate site. ShamSports.com has all the details (see a copy and paste of the breakdown after the jump)
- Pierce has a player option in 2010. He can opt out at that point if he thinks he can make up the $21.5M by getting a longer term deal. Personally I think he'll pick up the option and resign with the C's for a few more years to finish out his career. However, we'll see what happens with the new CBA that year. Not to mention the impact of LeBron, Bosh, and Wade all potentially moving that summer.
- At one point I thought it likely that the Celtics would trade Ray next year to a team looking to clear cap for LeBron. The potential teams looking for a deal like that apear to have already made their move. So I now expect Ray to finish out as a Celtic.
- O'Bryant's deal is not guaranteed for next year - so if the team decides to cut him loose, no problem.
- The team has options to keep Bill Walker around at a minimum salary for 4 years.
- Leon Powe and Big Baby are both up after this year. We'll have to make a decision on them soon. I still can't see us keeping both and it would be nice to trade the one we don't want before we lose him for nothing.
- I wonder how much it will take to resign Rondo.
Any other thoughts? See the salary chart after the break.
|Total w/o options||$80,284,135||$71,729,207||$24,111,531||$22,198,034||$0||$0|
Blue - team option Green - player option
Red - Qualifying offer Asterisk - not on roster
Grey - Unguaranteed Mauve - Early termination