Jeff and I are cutting up the recap tonight. He did the picture and box and I've got the bullets -Green17
- Ray got the team off to a great start, with a hot 9 in the first quarter
- The second unit however had a bit of a let down in the 2nd quarter and allowed the Magic to close the gap with only a 2 point lead at half time
- However, the bench redeemed themselves in the third quarter taking what was a 10 point lead and running it up, effectively ending the game.
- One key stretch included a couple of physical spinning drives by TA (ineptly guarded by Hedo) and physical inside play by Leon and Baby.
- The only thing that kept this game from being a huge blow out in the 4th quarter was a couple of unbelievable baseline jumpshots that Lewis and Hedo hit with the clock winding down.
- Perk did a great job limiting Dwight Howard's touches, with Superman 2.0 limited to 14 points, 8 below his season average.
- Rajon put up 16|4|12. He's killing it.
- Here is one reason why the Magic won't get over the hump this season. Two of their biggest players, Lewis and Hedo are "Laker Soft." What's "Laker Soft" you ask? See Odom, Lamar or Gasol, Pau in Game 6.
- Sam Cassell made his first on the court contribution tonight. Earning two technicals from the bench and getting tossed. I wish someone would put a mic on Sammy.
- And Perk...guess what you've got the Tech Rep. Don't look at the refs anymore please.
- Honestly, with the Magic starting a backcourt of Anthony Johnson and JJ Redick, the Celtics absolutely should have won as they did. This is an unfair test of the Magic - we'll see what they've got in Orlando in the new year.