That was ugly. Some quick thoughts.
- Mike Gorman was right on when he said the Miami Heat are running a free agent camp in the season. It was good to see the Celtics take care of business.
- The Heat only hit 17 field goals, which stands as a new NBA record. This was all Gorman talked about over the final 4 minutes of the game. In doing so Miami shot 28.5% from the field. That overshadows a poor shooting night from the Celitcs (38.6% from the floor, 7-27 on three pointers).
- Is Brian Scalabrine still hurt?
- Leon Powe scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds in 25 minutes of time.
- The Celtics took a lot of criticism last season for tanking, particularly when Kevinn Pinkney made the leap from the D-League to Boston. However, Pat Riley is skipping games, the historically healthy Shawn Marion is out and the Heat can throw out 5 D-League players at any one time. I don't doubt the severity of Dwyane Wade's injuries. But there is something rotten in Miami.
- Say what you want about Ricky Davis, but he has played in every Heat game this season. And he was not gunning like I thought he would.