I can't even begin to describe how good this feels. One emotion is simply "thankful." So here's 17 thank you's (not nearly enough) for some of the people that made it happen.
- Thank you Danny Ainge (and Kevin McHale) for pulling off "the Trade."
- Thank you Wyc and the rest of the owners for cutting the check.
- Thank you Doc Rivers for standing strong through all the criticism and proving everyone wrong.
- Thank you Rajon Rondo for stepping up into the starting role and making the leap.
- Thank you Big Game James for having a flair for the dramatic and a nose for the ball.
- Thank you Kendrick Perkins for being a beast.
- Thank you Leon Powe for being an inspiration on and off the court.
- Thank you Eddie House for instant offense.
- Thank you Big Baby Davis for making us laugh and cheer you on.
- Thank you Tony Allen for fighting through multiple season ending injuries to play your role.
- Thank you Sam Cassell for providing veteran leadership and encouragement.
- Thank you Brian Scalabrine, Scot Pollard, and Gabe Pruitt for waving towels and being good teammates.
- Thank you Ray Allen for the sweetest jump shot ever.
- Thank you Kevin Garnett for dominating on defense and setting the tone all year.
- Thank you Paul Pierce for all the years of being our Captain and for seeing it through in a big way.
- Thank you Red Auerbach for creating the winning tradition that we enjoy to this day.
- And a very special thank you to all the fans and readers of this blog for all your support and enthusiasm. Thank you to my wonderful wife and to all my friends and family. Thank you everyone.
Update: I knew I'd forget someone. Thank you PJ Brown for the veteran leadership and solid backup minutes. That's one too many thank you's. I guess we'll just have to go out and get Banner 18 now!