Steve Bulpett has some quotes from Danny about the draft and international man of mystery Semih Erden:
"We wanted to get more athletic and get some playmakers - guys who have the potential to be more than just a role player," he said. "We wanted guys who can make plays.
"We just tried to get the best players. We tried to eliminate our roster from our thinking and just tried to get the most talented guys. There’s always the need factor, the opportunity factor and the talent quotient - the talent for now and the talent for the future. You project guys three years out and whether they can help us now. All of those things come into play.
Ainge insisted he couldn’t believe Erden was available with the 60th and final pick of the draft. The 6-foot-11 banger still has one year left on his contract with his Turkish pro team, which may have helped account for his slide.
"He’ll be our first-round pick next year," Ainge said. "We don’t have a first-round pick, but he’s our guy. We think he’s got a terrific upside."
- Rondo and Perk won't be taking team U.S.A. up on its offer to scrimmage with the Olympic team this summer.
- Doc says "We would like to bring our whole team back"
- In lieu of summer league, the Celts are holding a minicamp for free agent rookies next week
- Paul, KG, Ray, and much of the rest of the team are celebrating in Vegas
- Wyc is pitching a sports-related investment fund