Instead of a picture of this latest game here is a little video I think is appropriate. Peter Gibbons probably best illustrates the feel of the Celtics effort for most of this game.
So....that was unpleasant. The score was deceptively close until mid-way through the 4th, and then it turned into the blow out it had been all along. Complete with a back-firing Hack-A-Ben strategery from Doc.
There are all kinds of things wrong with this team right now.
- Paul looked lethargic tonight and really held the ball every time LeBron was on him. That's not going to work PP. Quick decisions.
- This team goes as far as Rajon takes them. Right now its not very far. I'm starting to wonder if he's hurt. He's just out there running around. For a few minutes in the third quarter he got into his frantic mode, but otherwise it was a meh performance.
- I can't claim to have watched a TON of Ray Allen before he joined the Celtics. What is clear though, is that he will not take over a game. Ray is better than Delonte, he needs to make the most of that matchup. He didn't.
- It's getting to the point now that I might enjoy Paul Blart Mall Cop more than the next Celtics game. Blart!
- Here's a summary of the play-by-play if you listened to Dan Schulman on ESPN tonight: "OMG! LeBron is teh best!!11!!! I luv him. He iz amazings. LebronLebronLebronLebronLebronLebronLebronLebronLebronLebronLebron celtics LebronLebronLebronLebronLebronLebron." You get the point. Yes Lebron is the best in the game, but there are 9 other guys out there....Next ESPN broadcast of the Cavs / Celts, I suggest we all make sure to have a barf bowl handy.
- Doc said play with Force. KG Rammed It Low, maybe his most emphatic drive of the season. Unfortunately, that was followed up by about three straight turnovers. That's really how this one went.
Anyone got any ideas?
|Kevin Garnett, PF||29||8-15||0-0||2-2||5||10||15||3||0||0||0||5||-14||18|
|Paul Pierce, SF||38||4-15||1-5||2-2||1||4||5||1||0||0||5||3||-19||11|
|Kendrick Perkins, C||26||6-7||0-0||1-2||1||0||1||1||1||0||1||1||-10||13|
|Ray Allen, SG||40||5-12||2-6||0-0||0||3||3||2||1||0||3||0||-18||12|
|Rajon Rondo, PG||36||1-8||0-1||3-6||3||1||4||13||4||0||2||3||-17||5|
|Eddie House, SG||19||2-7||2-5||2-2||0||2||2||1||1||1||0||3||-1||8|
|Brian Scalabrine, PF||6||0-1||0-1||0-0||0||1||1||0||0||0||0||1||+8||0|
|Leon Powe, PF||13||4-5||0-0||0-1||1||2||3||1||0||0||2||3||-4||8|
|Glen Davis, PF||16||0-4||0-0||2-2||3||0||3||1||1||1||1||1||-10||2|
|Gabe Pruitt, PG||11||1-4||0-1||0-0||0||3||3||2||0||0||1||0||+6||2|
|Patrick O'Bryant, C||4||2-2||0-0||0-0||1||1||2||0||0||0||0||2||+4||4|
|41.3%||26.3%||70.6%||Team TO (pts off): 16 (20)|