A little perspective before you panic about last night's loss to a very good Atlanta Hawks team.
- Last night the Lakers were routed by 26 points by the Denver Nuggets.
- They also lost by 14 to the Dallas Mavericks on the 2nd night of the season.
- We've already beat the Cleveland Cavs this year.
- The Cavs then promptly went to Toronto and lost by 10.
- They also dropped a close game to the Bulls.
- The Magic were blown out by the Thunder by 28 points.
- They've also dropped games to the Pistons and Cavs.
- The C's are now tied with the Suns (the other team that beat us) for the best record in basketball at 8-2.
- The Hawks are a game behind at 7-2.
Are there reasons to be concerned? Sure. Every team has issues that they need to address and shortcomings that they need to solve or compensate for. The season is a marathon not a sprint and the 2nd season is what really matters. A loss here or there is good for finding things to get better at and motivating the team to be ready for every game and every opponent. A loss now and then is not a reason to panic.