I have no idea how this team was even in the game tonight. They played horribly for most of the game with brief spurts of brilliance. The Magic just played a little less bad and earned a key early season win.
Some bullet points:
- Doc tells Sheed to take fewer 3's and the very next game he goes 0-8. With that said, most of them were good, open shots.
- Sheed seemed to do all the other little things right. It was that kind of night.
- Perkins picking up two quick fouls in the 3rd were big but Howard never really took advantage.
- Rondo sat for most of the 4th quarter. Was Doc sending a message or did he just want Eddie's shooting on the floor?
- I really like the little things that Marquis Daniels does on the floor. He won't fill up a stat sheet, but he helps you win games. That is when you aren't doing everything else to lose them.
- KG seemed to tweak his knee early in the 4th but he looked alright after that.
- Kept waiting for someone like Pierce or Ray or Rondo to take over the game and nobody did.
- I really don't like Vince Carter. Almost goes without saying, but I'm going to keep saying it.
- We really need a more consistent effort on defense. The offense will come and go, no big deal, but if we make stops more often, we win going away.