I'm working on minimal sleep so this is all you will get from me today. Five drowsy links.
- Dell'Apa credits the C's D: "But the key was defending on the perimeter and limiting the penetration of the Magic's ballhandlers." - Well, either that or they just missed most of thier shots. Probably a bit of both really.
- Zach Lowe works the slide rule for some this fun stat: "This season, teams sunk either one or zero three-pointers 57 times and went 17-40 in those games."
- The Orlando Sentinel says that it is "gut check time" for the Magic. They remind us of this painful memory: "Fourteen years ago this month, it was the Magic who eliminated the Celtics 3-1 in the first round of the playoffs, the final NBA game ever played at the storied building by the Celts." - I think I'm even more fired up to beat this team now.
- Gotta love Ray Allen's consistency. He scores 51 points against the Bulls but the team loses and he's ticked off. He goes 0-5 from 3 in game 4 but all he has to say is: "We won, that's all that matters." That is ubuntu in a nutshell boys and girls.
- Rondo has had a great (if uneven) postseason thus far, but he does feel the pressure: “I put a lot of pressure on myself last year,” he said. “It’s the same thing this year, but I do put even more pressure on myself now. My role is different with Kevin out. I have to be a little more aggressive. I don’t really like to shoot the ball a lot, but I’ve got to take what the defense gives me. I have to stay aggressive and help my teammates on the rebounding side and get guys good looks.”
Bonus Link: Now the spoiled kid's dad is backing off his apology demand. Well, I'm glad that's settled.
Bonus Link, the sequel: Here's another 5 things from Paul Flannery (who's doing a very nice job blogging about the C's for WEEI)