Finally. Thank goodness that is over. I don't want to see the Bulls again for a long time.
A few closing thoughts:
- No overtime, not even a very pretty game. But the Bulls could have given up down 13 at the half and they never went away.
- That said, the Celtics closed it out with defense, the way it should be.
- I knew that Eddie could win us a game and he stepped up when we needed him most. Thanks Eddie.
- Rondo picked a bad time to get sloppy with the ball in the 4th, but overall another solid game with 11 assists. He's hands down the series MVP.
- One more time: Hats off to Ben Gordon, Derrick Rose, John Salmons, and the Bulls. Good, no... great effort.
- As for Noah, I still dislike him and his non-flagrant foul on Rondo (are we even now Chicago fans?) was chippy at best; but I give him credit for his hustle and knowing his role.
- Missing free throws in the 3rd and early 4th helped Chicago hang around, but we made them at the end, and that's what counts.
- It is amazing what a difference the bench makes. Scal and House came up big today and whaddayaknow, no overtimes. We still have perhaps the best starting lineup, but we need more from the bench to keep advancing.
- Pierce (20) and Allen (23) led the way in scoring, but they spread the wealth too. House had 16, Baby had 15, Perkins had 14. Nice box score guys.
Next up, Orlando. Can't wait.