The Celtics were too experienced for the young OKC squad early on. Then they almost got a little too cute for their own good. The C's just don't know how to play with a 20 point lead yet. With that said, they took care of business in the end for a solid win to start the road trip.
- The Thunder couldn't buy a bucket in the first half and didn't help their cause by not moving the basketball.
- Meanwhile, the Celtics on the other hand had 15 assists at halftime - 8 of which were from Rondo of course. (He would finish with a mere 10)
- The lead blossomed to 20 points before the Thunder made their 3rd quarter 13-2 run, fueled by (no surprise) Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
- They pulled within 6 before the C's bench actually pushed the lead back into the mid teens.
- Then it was pretty much just a back and forth, ho-hum, keep em' at arms length distance to the end.
- Looking down the box score, it was a very balanced effort from the bench. Daniels, Davis, Robinson, and Erden each chipped in with 7 or more points.
- In contrast was the Thunder's lopsided scoring, which came from Durant (34), Westbrook (16), and Kristic (13). The rest of the team scored just 20 points combined.
- See the OKC Thunderdome recap here.
|Final - 11.7.2010||1||2||3||4||Total|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||21||16||27||19||83|
Complete Coverage >