The Denver Nuggets received 49 points, 15 assists, and 8 rebounds from Chauncey Billups and Carmelo Anthony, en route to snapping the Celtics' three-game winning streak, 114-105.
- A horrendous first quarter didn't do the Celtics any favors. The Celtics were down by as many as 19 in the opening frame, before eventually trailing 37-19 heading into the second.
- J.R. Smith buried the Celtics in the second half, scoring 16 of his 19 points. He shot 5-11 from three-point nation, and hit three pivotal ones in the first half of the fourth quarter when Denver pulled away for good.
- Paul Pierce is clearly ailing with his right thumb injury. He shot just 2-10 from the field and finished with just five points. His thumb was visibly bothering him while he was trying to shoot free throws late in the fourth quarter.
- Kevin Garnett looked good once again. Three games in a row is certainly encouraging. 15 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks in this one, and his lift looked much, much better.
- Nice game from Marquis Daniels off the bench. Played admirable defense on Anthony, and shot 7-8 from the field on his way to 15 points.
- The Celtics' three-point shooting was horrendous all afternoon. 2-13 in this one (15.4 percent).
- Ray Allen was once again the potential savior with 25 points on 9-14 shooting. He was teamed with the second unit in the second quarter and brought the Celtics back. He played 43 of the 48 minutes this afternoon.
The Celtics will be back in action Tuesday night at home when they take on the New York Knicks. Nate Robinson should make his Celtics debut in that game. After a disappointing loss like today's, the Celtics will need a shot in the arm, and hopefully Robinson can provide it.
|Final - 2.21.2010||1||2||3||4||Total|